The 2013 Auction
The Festival Auction and Financial Donations are the primary sources of funding for the festival. The Live Auction will occur on Friday, June 7 at the Berkley Center on Ocracoke Island (around the harbor near the Ocracoke Preservation Museum). Auction preview will be from 5:30-7:30 PM and the Auction will run from 7:30-9:00 PM.
A much-anticipated event, the art auction this year will focus on local artists—Ocracoke and the OBX. Dolores Gilbert is coordinating the auction. “We want to recognize local island fine artists and crafters,” she says about the focus of the auction. Participating artists will receive several perks from the festival, such as tickets and T-shirts.
Complimentary fig cake will be offered to guests and a cash wine/beer bar will be available during the preview, 5:30-7:30. The auction will start promptly at 7:30 PM. Artwork offered will also be previewed on this webpage.
Here is a tentative list of auction items.
1. Susse Wright : Wooden Fish, with tin embellishment
2. Martha Johnson, Sisters Studio: “Tinkerbell” Original Collage
3. Susan Dodd/Elizabeth Parsons: “Beach Music” Tee Shirt Graphic and Fabric Collage.
4. Susan Dodd: Patsy Cline Boot Collage.
5. Susan Dodd: Mixed Media/ Guitar collage.
6. Donald Cobb Painting: Harbor Sunset scene. Oil.
7. M.J. Peters: Digital Canvas Print: Orange Buoys.
8. M.J Peters: Digital Print: Guitar Photograph.
9. Randi Machovec: Original Wire wrapped sea glass pendant.
10. Artists: Jimmy Amspacher and Lena Ennis. “Core Sound Skiff” Hand made boat by Amspacher, and painting by Ennis. Beautifully crafted from wood and acrylic paint.
11. Carol Mugford: Acrylic abstract painting. Original Sunflower Gallery piece.
12. Len Skinner: Original Primitive Wooden Loon Decoy.
13. Laurie Reydman: Steel sculpture and Genuine Seed Pods.
14. Lynne Lovely: Beveled Sea glass candle shelter.
15. Kitty Mitchell: Acrylic on Canvas “Dolphin Vertebrae.”
16. Cindy Fiore: Silk Scarf.
17. Beverly Peacock: Lighthouse Water Color.
18. Mary Kay Whelan: Hand Sewn Beaded Bracelet.
19. Douglas Hoover: Original Oil Painting. “Summer Break.”
20. Barbara Hardy: Handcrafted Sterling Silver Bracelet…
21. Kathleen O’Neal: Limpet Sterling Silver Handcrafted Ring. 14K yellow and Rose Gold ring.
22. Charles Hardy Air tour and Arial photography: Package includes airplane tour of the Outer Banks complete with photographs of journey.
23. Sarah Searight: 4x4 Giclee painting. “Clammers.” Starting Bid: $50.00
25. Debbie Wells: Painted Terra Cotta Tile, Moonlit buildings
26. Bob Ray: Original Drawing, Graphite. Starting Bid: $100.00
27. Roy Revels: Abstract Painting, One of a kind in the entire series. Acrylic on Cardboard: Starting Bid: $200.00
28. Barbara Adams: “Surfs UP”, Acrylic Glazed Painting of surfer. Barbara Adams: Acrylic Painting “Sea Catch.”
29.Martha Johnson, Sisters Studio: “Tinkerbell” Original Collage
30. Ann Ehringhaus: Photographic Collage, Print. Starting Bid: $150.00
31. Zoe Palmer: Hand Made Leaded Stained Glass mini window décor.
32: Jo Ko: Lums Dock Graphite Signed Print.
33. April Trueblood: “You are Never too Old for Show and Tell.” Fish, Bird, and Insect Collage.
34. Don Bowers: “Loon” Digital Photograph.
35. Stephanie Kiker: “Lager Head”, Giclee Pencil Drawing.
36. Kim Meechum:
37. Marissa Gross: